Attorney Matthew A. Biegert
"People come to see me because they have a problem. Whether they have been injured, lost their home in a fire or had a falling out with a business partner, they are often hurt, upset and overwhelmed. They don't want to be in my office – they feel they have to see a lawyer. I take the time to listen to people and to understand what's wrong and what I can do to help."
Matthew Biegert graduated from the University of Wisconsin Law School in Madison, Wisconsin. After graduation, Matt clerked for the Hon. Thomas Cane of the Wisconsin Court of Appeals. He joined Doar, Drill & Skow in 1990 and has been a partner since 1996.
Matt practices in the areas of personal injury, insurance coverage and bad faith, professional malpractice, commercial and business litigation and employment law. He has litigated cases in all Wisconsin state and federal courts, including multiple appearances in the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Matt has been recognized by his peers and named as one of the state's "Super Lawyers" He is a member of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers and a Certified Civil Trial Specialist.
Matt and his wife, Heather, live in the St. Croix Valley with their son and daughter.
Matthew Biegert's legal team at Doar, Drill & Skow:
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Insurance Law
- Professional Malpractice
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Appellate Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Civil Trial Specialist
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Wisconsin, 1989
- Minnesota, 1995
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 1989
- Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1985
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Member
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota Bar Association, Member
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Lawyers
- St. Croix Valley Bar Association, Member (President, 1995-1996)
- Wisconsin's Super Lawyers: 2006-2007, 2011-Present
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (Membership is by invitation only and extended to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, leadership, influence, reputation, stature and profile in the trial attorney community.