Car Accident Lawyer in Wisconsin
Every year, thousands of Americans are seriously injured or killed in motor vehicle accidents. The incidents are tragic because, most times, they could have been prevented.
What Causes a Car Accident?
There are a number of factors that come into play when determining the cause of a car accident. Speeding, reckless driving, and alcohol or drug use are among the leading causes of these accidents. However, accidents can also be caused by poor driving, inattentiveness, distraction by cell phone use, conditions, inexperience, improper maintenance and other conditions.
What Will I Need After Being In A Car Accident?
After experiencing a car accident, you may have significant medical needs. Covering your medical expenses and other damages from a car accident may be especially difficult if you are unable to work. To get the medical care and monetary recovery you deserve, you need legal representation. At Doar, Drill & Skow, we have provided a strong voice to accident victims in western Wisconsin for more than 125 years. Our attorneys have handled thousands of claims, including many catastrophic and fatal accident claims.
20 Guidelines to Follow If You Are Involved in a Car Accident Involving Injuries or Property Damage
- Do not leave the scene, unless for medical attention or otherwise directed by law enforcement.
- Call an officer.
- Assist the injured.
- Identify the driver, vehicle owners and witnesses.
- Notify your insurance company about the accident.
- Take photographs of the damage to all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Keep copies of all repair bills.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you realize you might be injured.
- Take photographs of any black and blue marks, bruises, abrasions or cuts on your body resulting from the car accident.
- Be sure to tell your doctor exactly where it hurts and BE HONEST.
- Keep track of all the time you miss at work, school and other activities because of your injuries.
- Keep track of your mileage to and from medical appointments.
- Write down the names, addresses and phone numbers of the doctors, hospitals and clinics where you receive treatment.
- Keep copies of all of your medical bills and prescription receipts.
- Submit your medical bills to your automobile insurance company (*Speak with an attorney – there are exceptions to this rule).
- Do not give a written or recorded statement to anyone without consulting with legal counsel (*Doing so may harm your ability to obtain compensation).
- Follow your doctor's advice for treatment.
- Keep a journal of how you are affected by the accident in your daily life.
- Get a copy of the police report.
- Contact legal counsel early!
Building a Strong Claim to Help You Recover Maximum Compensation
We know that success in car accident claims comes from careful investigation, hard work and strong advocacy. We will determine how the car accident happened and who was responsible. When liability factors are unclear, we work with accident scene reconstructionists and others to help us determine fault. We will also consult your doctor and other medical professionals to understand the nature and extent of your injuries.
We Handle All Aspects of Your Car Accident Claim So You Can Focus On Your Recovery
Our personal injury attorneys will take every measure possible to understand the current and long-term damages you have endured. We are committed to helping you obtain full financial recovery for any medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering you have accumulated. We will be your advocate – fighting to help you get the compensation you need.
Contact Our Wisconsin Car Accident Lawyers Today
We can help you get the medical care and compensation you need to rebuild your life. For a FREE, no obligation consultation with one of our car accident attorneys, call 877-362-7529 toll free or contact us online. Located in New Richmond, we represent clients in western Wisconsin.